So my hubs has not been doing so well with the lack of junk and snack foods in the house now that we’re cutting out processed foods. He threw a bit of a temper tantrum the other day. I did end up buying him some Oreos and Loaded Potato Skin Chips….SO I googled some recipes on making Doritos.
I found several but I didn’t really like any of them. Some were fried, some used too much salt, some used white tortillas…..so I took a little bit from each recipe. Now this recipe isn’t without processed ingredients, since I’m using store-bought tortillas but it’s better than the friend highly processed real thing! (I do plan on making my own wheat tortillas in the near future)
While these are not exactly Doritos, they are very good and more filling. You shouldn’t have the problem of eating an entire bag at one sitting! These will definitely satisfy a salty junk food craving without too much guilt!
Ingredients:Whole Wheat Tortillas Packet of Ranch Dressing Mix Olive Oil 1 tbsp Seasoned Salt 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- Preheat Oven to 400 Degrees
- Mix Up Seasonings in a small bowl
- Lightly brush both sides of a tortilla with Olive Oil, then stack the rest of the tortillas on top of the first, brushing only the top side of the rest with olive oil.
- Use a pizza cutter to cut the stack of tortillas into 8ths
- Lightly spray a cookie sheet, then lay the tortilla pieces in a single layer.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, Let cool
- Place the seasoning Mix in a large gallon sized ziploc
- Lightly spray the chips with olive oil (use an olive oil sprayer or Pam makes an aerosol Olive Oil spray). Then toss into bag to season.
***This post may or may not contain affiliate links. Just sayin'***