Today and Tomorrow the Bloomington and Terre Haute Once Upon A Child Stores are having a $15 Fill a Bag Sale! I know that Once Upon a Child is a Franchise kinda deal so If you’re not near the Bloomington or Terre Haute stores you may try and call and see if the stores near you are running the same sale.
I think I scored big! The stuff I grabbed rang up at normal price $112 – so I saved almost $100 with this sale and cramming as much as possible into the bag provided. They give a plastic grocery store style bag. I ended up with 16 items: 3 pairs of Gap Jeans, 3 Levis, 1 Calvin Klein Jeans, 1 Tommy Hilfiger Jeans, 1 – Squeeze Jeans, and 1 Old Navy jeans, 1 Old Navy Skirt, 1 – Children’s Place Dress, 3 – Shirts, and a Jacket.
Here are my tips for shopping this sale:
- If possible, leave the kiddos home….I know this isn’t always possible but the sale is a little crowded. Its for their safety!
- Remove hangers and wait to stuff you bag until you’re ready to check out. This way you will not be carrying your bag while stuffed and have the chance that it will tear. Its hard to stuff a bag to capacity when its torn! (I tore my bag…a did get a new one but I learned my lesson)
- Look for normally High Ticket items, like jeans, shoes, jackets, sweaters….
- Grab high end and quality brands. I went for Gap and Levis! These type of brands last through several children and hardly show wear. I will be able to hand these down from my older daughter to my younger daughter, then when were done I can pass them along or resell them.
- Grab classic styles. If you grab classic jeans, dresses, etc..you will be able to hand them down through children and even resell them when you’re done with them.
***This post may or may not contain affiliate links. Just sayin'***