I wanted to go check out the BIG FAT AWESOME General Mills Buy 5, Get $5 Catalina deal today. I was sure that I would have some questions such as: “Does this Catalina Roll?” and “Can I buy more than one set of 5 per transaction?” I tested this out and the answer to both is YES!
In my trip I did a total of 4 transaction to buy 35 General Mills items. I paid $12.75 out of Pocket and ended up with $10 in CATs to use later PLUS I’ll be getting $1 back in Saving Star!….so really my total was $1.75! SCORE! A lot of this will end up as donations and some in my hubs Junk Food Cabinet!
- 6 Bags of Chex Mix
- 3 Boxes of Fiber One Brownies
- 6 Boxes of Treat Bars
- 3 Boxes of Hamburger Helper
- 12 Boxes of Potatoes
- 5 Boxes of Cheerios
- 1 Tube of Crest
Check out this matchup to plan your trip!
Here are my suggestions for this sale:
- Plan several transactions of 5-10 items to roll your Catalina (roll = use the Catalina from the previous transaction to pay for the next)
- Start out with the Potatoes as your first transaction for the least out of pocket cost (ex: buy 4 Potaotes and 1 Treat Bar w/ coupons to pay $3 out of pocket and get a $5 CAT back to pay for your next transactions)
- If you plan to do more than 2 transactions at a time, plan on getting back in line. If you are doing a bunch of transactions it’s polite to do 2 then get back in line so you don’t hold others up. If the store is dead, do as many as you’d like!
- Grab some items for Donation! Yes, definitely stock yourself up, but there will be some food drives and such coming up so grab some things while they are dirt cheap – FREE!
***This post may or may not contain affiliate links. Just sayin'***